OK a Windscreen claim may be a little less stressful than some other types of claims but still it’s inconvenient and you want to get back on the road as soon as you can.
Please Note: Preliminary Claim Forms are available on the link below. Please print the forms, complete and sign them, and then get them to us in person, by fax (835 3154), or mail to Hawke’s Bay Insurances Limited, P O Box 44, Napier 4140. Ask your HBI representative for their direct email address or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks.
1. If you have been involved in an accident where there is damage to your vehicle and/or someone else’s vehicle or property, or if your vehicle has been stolen, you may make a claim by phoning us at HBI – 06 835 1832. Ask to speak with someone regarding a new claim. Be sure to tell us the policyholder’s name if you are not the policy holder. Alternately you may come to our office, email us, send a fax or a letter.
2. Our Claims Advisor or your broker will ask you some questions to determine whether your policy will respond so please try to have as much information available as you can. We’ll then tell you what to expect. Please do NOT organise any repairs or replacement until we advise you that the claim has been accepted.
3. Visit the repairer, advise them that HBI are handling the claim and give them the details of your Insurance Company and Policy Number. They will assess the damage and arrange a suitable time for the repairs to be carried out. Please advise the repair company to send the account directly to your Insurance Company, or HBI, noting your name and the Vehicle Registration Number on their invoice.
4. Once you have provided your completed claim form and any supporting documents or quotes to us we will check to ensure that all questions have been answered satisfactorily. We will then process your claim and forward the necessary information to your Insurance Company and request their prompt response.
5. HBI will liaise with your insurance company. We will endeavour to keep you informed about what’s happening. Please remember we are happy to hear from you any time you have a question or a concern, even a complaint. We are here to assist you with this process. Remember it’s our specialty; it’s what we do everyday.