Experiencing a claim can be stressful. We are here to assist you with this process. Remember it’s our specialty; it’s what we do everyday.
Please Note: Preliminary Claim Forms are available on the link below. Please print the forms, complete and sign them, and then get them to us in person, by fax (835 3154), or mail to Hawke’s Bay Insurances Limited, P O Box 44, Napier 4140. Ask your HBI representative for their direct email address or send them to mailto:email@example.com. Thanks.
1. If you have been involved in an accident where there is damage to your vehicle and/or someone else’s vehicle or property, or if your vehicle has been stolen, you may make a claim by phoning us at HBI – 06 835 1832. Ask to speak with someone regarding a new claim. Be sure to tell us the policyholder’s name if you are not the policy holder. Alternately you may come to our office, email us, send a fax or a letter.
2. Our Claims Advisor or your broker will ask you some questions to determine whether your policy will respond so please try to have as much information available as you can. We’ll then tell you what to expect.
If someone else was at fault you don’t want to pay your full Claims Excess so please be sure to enter their name, address, phone number and registration plate details on the claim form. You may be required to source quotes for repair or replacement. If you have a preferred repairer please advise us. We work with many local repair shops and will be happy to make a recommendation. Please do NOT organise any repairs or replacement until we advise you that the claim has been accepted.
3. Visit the repairer, advise them that HBI are handling the claim and give them the details of your Insurance Company and Policy Number. They will assess the damage and either give you a written quote to send in with your Motor Claim Form – Accident or Theft or provide it directly to your Insurance Company or to us.
4. Once you have provided your completed claim form and any supporting documents or quotes to us we will check to ensure that all questions have been answered satisfactorily. We will then process your claim and forward the necessary information to your Insurance Company and request their prompt response.
5. HBI will liaise with your insurance company. We will endeavour to keep you informed about what’s happening. Please remember we are happy to hear from you any time you have a question or a concern, even a complaint. We realize this is our opportunity to demonstrate to you that we have recommended the correct product for your protection and a chance for us to show you how much we value you as a client.